Thursday 23 January 2020

The little neighbours came to my room from the croft nearby

Japan has been in the coldest weather in the year these days. In the day time, the temperature stays under 10℃, it is Japan's midwinter in my personal analysis. It is 6 ℃ raining, dark and is colder than Glasgow now! It is unbelievable, isn't it?

By the way, the year of the rat this year 2020 that I wrote a few days ago. (Go see this, readers who do not know)You might remember my drawing of the new year greeting card though, that sort of image got reality! It stopped my breath at the moment when I found out, was before dawn 4 days ago. (or since more days ago, that may have been happening regularly!?)



However, the site where they had the party seemed to be only about the rice bag. The mouses' noise was so loud when they bite raw rice. They came from under the floor through my kitchen's cabinet. I may have heard that noise two nights.

There is a big croft one next to my flat. Maybe anything they can eat in the croft now so that they expand their territory further, I think. They ate only rice but not greasy rubbish. 

The next morning I surely found the footprints. Immediately I made a phone call to the landowner. And who said "The person lives upstairs does too! The rat-buster will come tomorrow to your place too!"

Sorry, it is too dark to see 

The rat-buster visited my room yesterday and erected a metal mesh curtain between the cabinet and the behind, which separates from under the floor. ( the floor connects to outside through the vent.) 

To prevent the other rats coming to the room here,  the rat- expert sprayed a kind of pesticide, that does not kill, but the rats hate it, which contains Capsaicin, Wasabi or more...

The spray does not affect humans' health also the environment.

The rice party stopped since this morning. I learned that I should not draw such a picture! It may have turned to reality.

Anyway, it is really the rat of the year!!