Sunday 26 January 2020

The pretty female cat, Maggie


She is a stray cat. As I see she should be under 2 years old. She gets my attention. She is too pretty to ignore. but not friendly can not touch her. I have seen often her at the narrow lanes between housings since October 2018. Personally, I call her Maggie.

Japan is one of the most modern developed rich countries in the world. In spite of such a good reputation,  SPCA Japan's appeal is rather weak as far as I can tell. Cats are left behind. Stray dogs have not been seen at all in the public though.

From my point of view, many general people (cat lovers) as volunteers spontaneously or making small communities who have been saving cats than the organisation does. Stray cats need to be spayed or neutered. Some strays need medical cares. Some luckily saved are able to get house train and rehome. The poor cats' number would be too large to catch up with to be all rescued, I understand but SPCA Japan has to plead to the government more and many times.

Even though I called the official organisation, they help ¥5.000-10.000. I have to pay for spay or neuter personally, the other cost is about ¥10.000-20.000. The worst thing is that I have to catch cats by myself (or find and ask volunteers). That's significantly unfair for me and cats both.

However, from my emotional reasons, I decided to get her spay. I have ever kept cats before. So, I got a vet and learned how to do. Finally, safely caught her and successfully released. It was last November. She has been rarely visiting me to get foods. My neighbours are kind to stray cats. There have been many elderly people's house. Maggie would be getting foods from the nice people. I wished I could keep her.