Friday 17 January 2020

British tea in Scotland was a joy

I had several brands of black tea (British tea) when I stayed in Glasgow. For me every tea was enjoyable. Twice a day it was after lunch and dinner every day. Frequently bought Yorkshire tea brands. Buyable in a supermarket. I like the package's sweet design as well.

The source from:
https://www.yorkshiretea.co.uk/


Their price was cost-friendly than buying black tea leaves in Japan but Briton's taste was nicer than Japan's ones. There is one big difference in my personal comparison between them. Despite the countries that tea leaves have raised and cropped are actually same. I see Srilanka, India and China...The UK's tea colour was looked darker, which could make the taste thicker. 

Most of the times I enjoy adding milk or single cream to the tea. That was the perfect milk tea! My ideal quality. When short of milk I would take an earl grey tea, it has a graceful flavour. I love it too.

I had once bought a box of Yorkshire tea to my county and tried. Somehow I never create that thick creamy one in Japan.

It maybe Scottish natural water! Maybe the chemistry thing's deference. I could not get such great deep brown colour tea in Japan. The quality of water in Yokohama or Tokyo is hard. The Scottish one was softer as long as I remember. Besides, Scotland's milk had rich quality. It is unlike Japan's authentic cow milk.
That's why in Scotland it becomes totally creamy rich taste!

Today too, I have had milk tea at my house, the taste was vague ( like water ).  That's not the true milk tea to me. It is less fun having milk tea in Japan. I wish to have that tasty one again someday.