Friday 20 August 2021

A cicada mis-landed

 About a week ago, in the night, it was only 10 seconds or less than it. I opened about 30cm wide a sliding glass door connected to the veranda. I heard big buzzing sounds at the moment it was so close to my right ear. That was a cicada. It plummeted on the floor in my room and struggled to get up.

I tried to help the cicada to leave my room with a blush but it did not get outside. It flies up again and again. Then I recognised that cicadas generally do climb up all the time they never go down. 

That cicada flew over with no control from wall to wall about the ceiling. It was like a drunk. I used to grab cicadas when I was a kid until a cricket bit my finger. I can not do any more after the bites.  

I did not sleep well that night. It was too scary to hear the cicada's buzzing sounds. I kept watching it. But it was impossible to keep opening my eyes. While I fell asleep for a couple of hours the cicada disappeared from the site it spotted before the sleep.  At that moment I desperately quickly checked around my bed and my head. 

I found the dead cicada in a corner on my desk. It likely fell vertically from the site that I saw last time. 

This happening was the scariest memory in my summer 2021.