Friday 25 December 2020

My silent Christmas day under Corona concern 2020

This year was the strangest year I have ever seen in my past life. When I recall this month in the last year, rats sneaked into my room. It might have happened yet something unusual in the natural world here in Yokohama at that time. The number in the victims in Japan of COVID-19 has been lower than in western countries. However, it is certainly increasing in months. A few months ago, the daily bases infections 200- 300 in Tokyo. The last night it had the largest number ever since, and it was 888 in one day. (in the nursing homes, in the pubs/ restaurants or in the office places, those are the top situations where people get the virus) Japan has not achieved its own vaccine yet nor has approved yet. I am lucky to be able to stay home now. It's safe and no risk I am thanking for this every day. 

I will do DIY for self outfits during the Christmas day. It is a Chrismas day but not a national holiday in my country. It looks festive in the city and very Christmas mood there though, I do not know how many people are religiously seriously celebrating for today in Japan. Probably, many of them are just enjoying special dinner and gifts in my country, I guess. The reason why there is a Chrismas atmosphere everywhere in Japan is that we are familiar to Christianity, and would easily accept the beauty of their ceremony, for instance, setting the decorative tree, the colourful ornaments, the Santa Claus's story and so on. It so fascinates of the entire Japanese nation include me. Everything of them is so lovely.

I got the flower shop nearby yesterday and bought 2 flowers for the tiny tiny celebration.



Begonia
That cheese colour flowers have taken my eyes. I could not go home without it.



Cabbage flower
We put this cabbage at the entrance in Japanese traditional new year. 

You can see like above if you walk in the residential area in my country now.

Have a nice holiday, everybody!