Monday 30 November 2020

Renewed my trench coat's lining

I have been wearing this trench coat for more than 15 years. It's not often. The condition of this coat has been still good. I did not like the lining of it. And it has several damages and stains. it looks not clean anymore. I was hoping for replacing a new lining for years. Buying a nicer one should be less than  ¥2,000 (72cm wide x 3m it's for one female coat usually) in Japan. In the case, the main fabric is very fine but the lining looks too weak or is not fresh, I recommend you to replace a good one for your jacket or coat!   

I had bought a nice new lining and decided to change the white one.

\
Remove only the half part of the whole lining from the coat.


Trace out each shape to papers. ( newspapers would be useful and cheapest) 

And cut the all lining out the exact as same as those newspapers' shape.

Connect each part carefully.

All parts have done correctly. 



Set the lining precisely with the coat's body.

As if it becomes a new one. If you have been working home during this pandemic, it is good chance to maintain your clothes. Doing this would give you a fresh feeling.