Monday 23 November 2020

Japanese Retro Design Patchwork. (pillowcase) (Not for Sale)

One of my greatest friends gave dozens of small square size fabric to me some years ago. Those are all smaller than 10cm square and are all Japanese Kimono pattern prints. Every time I see them, They should become a patchwork, I thought. But I did not have time or my feeling did not really want to do that. One day the person who knows me enjoy making garments gave me a 50cm of brack cotton fabric. Now it's the time to do patchwork! Going outside is dangerous today too. I prefer staying at home. I did not go anywhere else and enjoyed for 2days on this patchwork project. 

A 52.5cm square pillowcase

The backside

This type of patchwork pattern (black x multiple Japanese Kimono textiles) was used to be one of the popular cultures in Meiji & Taisho period ( 17-8century). 

The size of each panel is 7.5 cm square.






It's retro but people still loving these textile design.