Thursday 21 May 2020

Japan's west area will be released from quarantine tonight

Thank you for interesting in making masks I planned. Lots of people came to this blog last week. I did not expect at all. I hope that you enjoyed crafting and the mask fits for everyone's face. And I appreciated that you come again here.

In my country Japan now, 39 prefectures reopened last week and 3 prefectures ( Osaka, Kyoto and Hyogo) will do tonight. Our prime minister Mr Abe will announce tonight. And now only the east area ( Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba and Saitama) and Hokkaido- prefecture left in quarantine yet. My city Yokohama has not reopened yet literary.

How is your life in your country under this COVID situation now? Can you buy the foods you want? Have you seen any significant shortage so far? In my experience, toilet paper did not appear in any shops nearby 2 more months. I have not seen kinds of pasta and any type of pancake flour. It's an empty shelf these 2 weeks. I am missing banana pancakes these days.

Isolation is OK for me. I can focus on myself or making something. I can enjoy enough in my room. I feel uncertainty outside with no vaccination or medicine.

Japan is also inventing vaccines, which will be readied in this Autumn. Osaka University and national laboratory have been working together according to the latest news.

I have started to work on this textile today, a polyester georgette.


The georgette is very thin and see-through fabric. The great point is nicely cool and dry soon after washing. I will show you what it went in a few weeks.