Friday 14 February 2020

About one thirds of the people near Yokohama harbour wore doctor's mask

As you may know, the number of people infected with Coronavirus has raised after the last time I wrote in my blog. The medical test had not compleated yet in that luxurious cruise ship when I updated last time.

Yesterday I had a job interview at one newest building nearby Minatomirai station ( two next to the Yokohama harbour area), so I got there. In the public areas near the station, it was quite spacious, open-aired and where was newly established clean design modern place. It is only 10 years that the building has opened.

One of three people were wearing the mask ( from my personal count). I wore and was one of about 30% of the people. Some women pushing a baby car did not wear. Nor men who manage the traffic on the street and many toddlers back from school. People could believe " I would be OK. "

In the building where I had the interview, less number of people than those publics wore the masks despite they have various visitors and several companies are accommodated by the floors. They may believe that such significance unlikely happens here. People in Yokohama may only notice that cruise ship. Or It is surreal for them. Perhaps, they are too being busy to think about it, which is even a dangerous disease.

And today I got the passport office near Nihon-Odori station, where is close to that harbour. My passport was needed a validation. It was not much difference in the number of unmasked or masked people. It was again roughly one-third of the people did wore. About less than half of the officers as well. 

According to Japan's local news a few days ago, a taxi driver infected with the virus. What terrified me is that the area was Shizuoka-prefecture, where is not close to the international airport, nor crowded city for the sightseeing. 

I have no idea how much I need to take self-care now against that virus. I will do the best I could anyway. I am going out with a mask. When I get home from the outside, will do gargle and wash hands with soap every time.