Wednesday 13 February 2019

Snowdrop- Denim poncho with blackwork embroidery (MIDSUMMER) 1

I went to buy some materials for a new project. I showed a photo in the last post, that is a poncho with a crumpled paper. Again I worked on it to make that more accurate.

Poncho's form with a paper


Poncho's form with a paper


Poncho 's sleeve


Poncho's back view

Making cutting patterns have been finished yesterday. Traced to a brand new flat paper from this crumpled one. 

And went to buy some materials.  


Buttons are for the skirt. 
The flower print fabric, denim, grey cords and the two kinds of threads will be commonly taken to both the skirt and the poncho. All Japan made. You may think that the flower print is really Japan made?
Yes, it is. That is surely printed in Japan. Textile company get a licence from France, I think.  




I am planning an embroidery on the poncho. The picture is a snowdrop for Blackwork embroidery. I planned this originally. Have you ever seen the Blackwork? 

 This above. A black thread only. 

It is cold very cold, is midwinter. White plum's flower is brooming now. it is the peak. Nice scent. Spring will be soon.