Friday 22 February 2019

Snowy (A male stray cat)

MidwinterMIDSUMMER

Above white cat is a male cat. I call him Snowy. I had thought he died. I have not seen him for about 5 weeks, and this morning suddenly shows up. He is sniffing " Somebody else was sitting here!! this smell is not mine..."  

In my country Japan, I can see stray cats everywhere. ( I have never seen stray dogs recent 3 decades.) About 4-5 cats in the neighbourhood I see. One or two of them perhaps may have an owner. Japan winter weather is not significant cold compare to Europe or America, I think. Cats can survive outside. Animal rescue centre does not much care. There are mainly two reasons. one is just not affordable. Large numbers for small space. And another one is that they are the high kill shelters, but do not want to kill. Try to not get or to ignore, I think. People believe that the cat is a mysterious creature. Afraid of killing.

MidwinterMIDSUMMER

He is a bit clever than other strays. I left cat food on a plastic tray under a concrete plate. He had the food and investigated who did it. In order to find me, he pulls the empty tray out from the concrete plate. That' s an appeal and Snowy thinks that the suspect must be noticed. He was watching all day long. Finally, he found me out. However, he does not allow me to touch. Always one-meter distance between us.

MidwinterMIDSUMMER
I wonder how to survive with no roof and regular foods. Living as an independent.  Really tough.
I admire them.