Wednesday 29 January 2020

Bryan Pearce (July 1929-January 2007) British painter

What is your computer's wallpaper? There must be the first picture of the screen when the power button is turned on. Once a year about, replacing the screen paper's image. For these a couple of years, Bryan Pearce's either of paintings always stays on the screen. What I choose for this year is this below.

Three Boats in Harbour


Last year's one was this below.

Monday (1959)

Both the above 2 images' sources from


I have tried to change to the other painter's work, but could not. I saw hundreds of paintings to replace. Somehow, his lovely paintings get my attention every time when scrolling down. I do not know well about himself as an artist though. ( have not ever read his bibliography thing yet)

One of the reasons why I have ever got bored with his paintings is that it keeps me neutral. I might find peace, sweetness and stability behind his work, which gives me some sort of comfort.  I am always feeling fine at opening my laptop.