Friday 1 March 2019

My mother's aunt has gone last week.


My mother's auntie, my grandmother's older sister died last week. That was a natural healthy death. What I want to say is how old she was. I met her 3 years ago in recent. She said to me " Hello, Masako" at her grand child's house. People might think it would be in a care home. She ever has stayed. That was when she was 100 years old sitting in a wheelchair. Her grandchildren looked after her at home. She looked very healthy and remembered me. She was unusual in a good way. I had not seen her for about 30 years before this. She did not change largely although her hair's colour gets grey. She was eating foods from her mouth before the day she died my mother said. Japanese woman's life expectancy is at the top all over the world, according to some journals. She was awarded 50,000yen by city hall for 100 years old of celebration. But it has become 10,000yen now. Surprisingly, age100 people's number is growing! It is being a bit normalized in the recent couple of years. 


I can not imagine another 50 years later and how do I feel in this world. At least, everything is improving step by step. Or superseded by something different. It's getting better! And hoping for a nice environment for both humans and animals. 

     
Needs a sweet home for every child and for stray cats & dogs as well.  Hoping for no war in the future. 
I look forward to rereading this blog 50 years later.