Sunday 3 March 2019

Bill Cunningham, the fashion and society photographer 1929 - 2016

I am a temporary reader of the New York Times online newspaper now. Before Bill Cunningham's death, I was regularly watching that newspaper's online videos. Not very much needed to know what's happening in the USA today. I live on Japan island. No one of my friends is American. I feel that New York is far away and yet ever have got there.  Some massive dramatic photos catch my eyes sometimes. It is often unbelievably dynamic but, it is real. 

What I most expected to see was Bill Cunningham's snapshots. Particularly, through the video in the NY-Times. With his voice. "Woooow, it's marvellous!" with a kind tone.

 Bill Cunningham 
Scott Schuman, TheSartorialist

I loved watching his part every week. In his shot, everyone smiley even flowers, it is like a babyface. I could feel the joy of fashion. The people's pure side of how to be seen in the public spaces with no criticism. I enjoyed seeing the new yorker's life & styles. 

He passed away in 2016 who was one of the most lovely unique photographers.
I lost one joyful regular routine. I miss watching it even now.