Friday 11 May 2018

Smocking embroidery on the mutton leg silhouette trousers (Not for Sale)

The initial idea I had was making a dress which has smocking embroidery. It is imaginable. I saw often little girls wore in 70's. That's cute. I like it. But also, it is too authentic. I wanted to challenge a little unusual. I tried some smocking on trousers, then this design was born. I like the trousers which have enough space in my crotch area, but from under knee to ankle I hope it is tight, it looks like a sheep's leg. I call them "Mutton leg trousers".



How much effect by the smocking stitches to trouser's size you want. You need to know exactly what cm or what % gets smaller. You have to make a small real sample to check.




















In order to make sure everything on your trousers' details, almost a whole detailed sampling is needed.